Deep in the jungles of Peru are the Yora, Manu Park Panoan. Due to mistreatments by outsiders in the past, this people group retreats to the inner jungle to avoid contact with the outside world. Numbering 500 people and living in isolation, the Yora are not easily engaged, and many have yet to hear the gospel.Engagement // What’s Happening Now
Due to a general fear of outsiders, contact and engagement is difficult. For organizations such as LAC World Missions or the Assemblies of God Peru to engage the Yora, a foundation of trust must be made. Pray that God will provide opportunities to establish trust.Sustainability // The Bigger Story
The Yora live primarily in the Cusco and Ucayali regions. The Assemblies of God of Peru is working to reach UPGs in the region of Cusco. Their desire is to reach people groups, establish churches, and train leaders in the area. Pray for them as well as missionaries serving among them.Partnership // Move Beyond
In order to reach the Yora, prayer is vital. Here is how you can pray:
- Pray for understanding and wisdom for the missionaries trying to reach the Yora.
- Pray that as God provides opportunities for trust, that the hearts of the Yora would be open to the message of Christ.
- Pray the New Testament will be written in their language.
- Pray for protection from disease and loggers who threaten the livelihood of their community.
- Pray for the Assemblies of God of Peru and the LAC World Missions as they begin to send missionaries and plant churches in the region.